School Counseling Department
Welcome Derby High School Students and Families to the DHS Comprehensive School Counseling Program!
As we move throughout the school year, the School Counseling Department wants each of you to know that we are here to help you with any and all concerns regarding your academics, career exploration and/or your personal well being. We are located in the School Counseling Office, and our door is always open! If you would like to schedule a meeting with us, you can do so with the School Counseling Administrative Assistance, Mrs. Orazietti. We are all here to assist you in navigating through your High School Career. Please know that all emails and phone calls will be returned within 24 hours. We strongly believe that our partnership is imperative to provide all students with the best and most successful High School experience.
Our Role as a School Counselor:
● Deliver a comprehensive school counseling program to students, that is proactive, research-based, and evaluated for effectiveness.
● Support students in the area of academic achievement, career development, and social/emotional development, ensuring that students become productive, well-adjusted and successful adults.
● Consult, collaborate, and coordinate with teachers, parents, staff, and the community to create an optimal learning environment for all students.
Some activities available through the School Counseling Department:
● National Honor Society
● Valley SURGE Council
● Virtual College Fairs, a field trip to Hartford National College Fair, and Onsite College Fair, Instant Decision Week
● Developmental lessons and presentations (i.e. college application process, financial aid, goal setting, Career finder)
● Individual counseling sessions to support you both academically and socially/emotionally
● Career Fair
● Small Group counseling sessions
75 Chatfield St.
Derby, CT 06418
(CEEB code - 070155)
Please use the navigation buttons below to guide you: